Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Race for the Cure and more!

Race for the cure:
Saturday,May 16
Downtown Columbus
5k(3.1) run/walk
Race starts at 8:30
Registration info http://www.komencolumbus.org/

Vickie, Amber and Katie are ready to tackle this one! Buzz and I will walk since she won't be released to run. Who else is on board?

More race stuff: Stuart will participating in an UltraMarathon (30 miles) on April 19 at Mohican State Park. Go Stu.

Gang, please post other race info on the blosite so we can nose into your business.

Other info: several parents have inquired about the idea of MPA offering a parent blogsite. Because we have several sites already (and because we are running out words that begin with "g") we plan to use the gem site for our health/exercise postings and for general parent information.

Easter: No practice on Easter Sunday (Sunday, April 12)

More Easter stuff: I plan to head on over to the Zoo for Eggs, Paws and Claws on Sat. April 11. The kids would have fun...come join me! http://www.columbuszoo.org/EggsPawsandClaws.aspx

Zoo photos: If you wanna get inspired to go to the zoo, check out Stu's photos http://13stuart13.blogspot.com/2009/03/columbus-zoo.html

Jewelry Party: Ms. Elaine is having a party on April 18. She is a wonderful designer and she makes gorgeous custom art pieces. Shoot her a little note if you're interested in more. http://www.unatiaespecial.etsy.com/ contact her at unatiaespecial@yahoo.com

Exhibition on Sunday April 19

Tryout info: Coach H is uploading the tryout into onto the Panther website. Goooo Heather go!


Summer babysittin': Several of the older Panthers like to babysit in the summertime. I'll collect some info from them so that the younger Panthers can pal around with the older Panthers this summer. Hey, if you want a good sitter, you might as well pick one that can help your daughter work on her high V and jumps!

7 comments:

Vickie said...

Its just so wonderful that the weather is improving and we can get outside and enjoy the weather and get in some exercise.

Along with the Race for the Cure I will also be participating in the Capital City 1/2 Marathon/Commit to Be Fit 5K (I am only doing the 5K not the 1/2 marathon . . maybe some day) it is on May 2nd. I would love to have some company for this one.

Katie-thanks so much for taking the initiative to organize a team for Relay for Life. It will be great! I have often thought it would be a great event to participate in but never had the initiative to do anything more than think about it:)

Coach Abi said...

The nice weather has inspired me too! Been out there running at Homestead Park, (which is right down the street from the gym) from 6-7 a couple times a week! If anyone feels like they would like to join me feel free!
Once I get back to where I was, I will sign up for some races. Mercy - at about 1.5 I'm strugglin'! That's not even a 5K. I blame it on the little baby hill at homestead... I'll get back there fast and start signing up for races again.

Vickie said...

Abi-

That hill at homestead is not little. (OK maybe it is but it sure feels huge) I need to train on some hills. When we ran the Snowflake 5K it was horrible because of the hills, which I am not used to.

I am sure you will be ready for the DreamGreen in late summer if not something sooner.

Debra said...

Hi everyone! It's been so long since I've been on here, I bet you forgot about me. I admit it. I have not kept up with my workouts on a regular basis. I'll just call it winter blues. But I'm working my way back, so I'll keep you posted.

Welcome all the newcomers to the Gem site. Don't be shy, jump right in!

Is anyone going to do the Relay for Life on May 29 & 30? Sarah did this event last year when it was at Coffman and said that it was fun and a really powerful event. What a great way to do a little panther bonding before the offical announcement of teams on June 1st. Think about coming over and joining in even if it's just for a hour or two (or plan on camping out for the whole experience.)

Katie - have very many signed up? (Once I verify we're in town, I'll get my registration in. I'm looking forward to it.)

Katie R. said...

So far only Kali and I are officially signed up on the team website so I hope more people get out there and sign up soon!!!! email me at therobinsonfamily@mac.com if you have any questions. You don't need to stay the whole time. An hour or two is better than nothing!!!

MPA Coaches said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JulieY said...

I've signed Nicole and I up to do the Race for the Cure 5K walk with team Qwest (my employer).

I'm also doing the Cap City 1/2 marathon on May 2. I have not had a run longer than 5-6 miles to date..we'll see how this ends up going. I'll be happy to finish without walking at this point. I have a few running friends from the neighborhood that I'll be running with, I'm hoping we'll take it slow.

I'll let you know if I can do the Relay for Life. At minimum, I'll at least support you all with food donations. We usually have plans over Memorial Day weekend, so I may just be there in spirit.

Keep Running! :)