Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Year of the Cat!

Okay, so the kiddies might like Facebook but according to the parent surveys, not many of our parents have Facebook. And several folks mentioned that they are firewalled from Facebook at work.Therefore, we'll post parent stuff on the blog, Facebook and email. That should cover it.

Several panther gems participated in the race for the cure. Do tell...we want to read your story.

Several people plan to participate in the relay for life next week. Tell us when you're comin'! Race link is available on the right side of this blog.

I have heard that some folks have plans for a half marathon, new workout plans and new diets. Do tell.

I know Bob and Stu have race plans...and Vickie and Amber and other youth moms started training. Brian and I have been training some Panthers and running on our own. Penny and Abi are running...Elaine? Debra? Chrissy? Everyone spill it.

I plan to go for a run at Antrim on Saturday and then grab brunch. Anyone wanna join?

So then...its season 12 - It's the year of the cat...there's only one. We gotta start things off with a bang..+r a growl. Now let's get off the couch and start training. Wahhh hooo!

8 comments:

Katie R. said...

So Amber, Vickie and I ran the Race for The Cure and we will all be at the Relay. I think it will be lots of fun! I signed up for a 10k on June 7th and have been training for it!

Amber/Jazzy said...

The Race for the Cure was awesome! So many people, I couldn't believe it. I am trying to find time to run more often, I have come to enjoy it.....especially when I am not gasping for air! I have been running on Thurs. at the gym while Jaz is at practice. I am going to attempt to get out and run at 6a 2-3 times during the week. Vickie found a 1/2 marathon that can be done as a team so I think we are going to attempt that in Aug.

Jaz and I will be at the Relay for Life on Sat morning from 9-12. I have to work Clippers the night before.

Katie breezed through the Race for the Cure so I know she will have no troubles at the 10k on June 7th. GO KATIE!!

Vickie said...

The Race for the Cure was awesome. I broke no time records as I had to stop for a potty break:) Lesson learned-watch the water and coffee intake before these event.

I have been running 3 to 4 times a week now. I usually around 2.5 to 3 miles a run. I need to start working in longer runs. Another goal is to definately build up my speed.

I think the 1/2 marathon relay is August 30th-its the Spirit of Columbus. I saw another one that is earlier in August Lifeline of Ohio Dash for Donation on August 15

I need to get training for one of these events 6.5 miles is a LONG way for me. It would be great to get several "teams" together.

Our family will be at the Relay for Life on Friday till about 1030 P.M. It will be loads of fun!

Good luck to you Katie! You rocked at the Race for the Cure-the 10K will be a breeze.

Bob said...

I'm also signed up for the Columbus 10K (6/7) - it's Columbus' oldest race (this year is the 32nd) and there is usually a big turnout. There are races every weekend now that we're into May, so check out the running company links on this blog. I'll run 6-8 races leading up to the Columbus Marathon in October (a couple of 1/2 marathons, and 10-20 milers throughout the summer). Will the Panthers run the Dream Green race this summer? Also, our family has walked in the Circle of Friends 5k - that's a good one that is usually in mid June.

Katie R. said...

You guys are awfully nice...wouldn't say I "Breezed through" the 5K.....

Bob might have to come looking for me at the Columbus 10K. Am not feeling super confident about it right now!!

Stuart said...

Good luck, Katie - you'll do great.

And congrats to everyone else who did the Race for the Cure. Great job.

I think we'll be at the Relay for Life Friday night - not sure as to exact time, but that was the plan last I heard.

Coach Abi said...

I'm so bummed out that I missed Relay for Life. I had food poisioning, from my favorite place in the WHOLE world. Those of you who know the coaches well, know that we eat Panera at least 2 times a week. I heard from the kids that it turned out well and that some people even walked in the rain!

I am still running. I'll be honest and say that I'm not pushing myself very hard anymore though. I've gotten a comfortable loop around the neighborhood, the dog knows it by heart. Gotta keep getting better, my goal this week is to up the distance.

klcann said...

Abi and I are going to start going to the YMCA on Cosgray on Sundays from 12-2 if anyone wants to join us.