Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Coaches Conference, Panther Runnin' and Camp Dates

Coaches Conference - Coach Heather, Coach Em, Coach Kelcee and Coach Abi will be leaving for the Jamfest coaches conference on Friday, June 26. While there, we'll learn about the newest trends with uniforms, hair and makeup. We'll also take classes to help us customize our conditioning and training programs. We'll attend stunting and tumbling classes (taught by the leaders in the cheer industry). We'll be back on Sunday, June 28 with a renewed spirt and ready to tackle the 2009-2010 season!

Let us know if you have any specific questions that you want us to ask World Cup, Top Gun or the other "big dogs"!

Panther Runnin' - Several Panthers, coaches and parents have been hitting the pavement. Bob Foote, Stuart, Coach Nicole, Amber, Vicki, Katie, Coach Abigail, Coach Em, Elaine, Julie Young, Chrissy Jacobs, James, Derick....they've all been out there running. Some of the crew is training for the Columbus Marathon. Be sure to support the Panthers by encouraging them to keep up the miles!

Tell us what races you're planning to do. How do you feel in this summertime heat? Did you get new shoes? Do you want a running partner?

Stunt Camp - (Fury and Fierce)
Monday, June 29
12-5:00 Fury
4:30-9:30 Fierce

Tuesday, June 30
12-5:00 Fury
4:30-9:30 Fierce

Choreography Camp (Fury and Fierce)
July 11, 12, 13 (both teams, all three days - time tba)
July 14 (fierce only)

Choreography Camp (Ferocious and Fabulous)
July 18
9-11:30 Ferocious
12-3:00 Fabulous

10 comments:

Vickie said...

Am looking at doing the Spirit of Columbus 1/2 marathon at the end of August. Did I mention it can be done as a two person relay? Thats what I am interested in doing. I am hoping Amber is still interested also. Anyone else want to share in a 1/2 marathon?

This heat is terrible to run in. I have a really hard time. I have decided that I much prefer the cold weather runs. (Remind me of that next winter)

Whats the next run on everyone's schedule?? We need to get a Gems event going soon.

Are the Panthers not doing the DreamGreen 5K?

MPA Coaches said...

Hi Vickie,

I'm out of town for the 1/2 marathon but that might be a great one for Nicole since she's training for the columbusm marathon.

I prefer the cold weather runs also.

Panthers will not do the Dreamgreen. We are working to select a different end of the summer race. Anyone have a suggestion?

also, several Fierce Level 5 athletes are required to run on Saturdays (on their own). However, i like them to have Panther parents hanging around in case any of the kids get need help (i worry about them in the heat).

Anyone up for Saturday a.m. or evening runs (before the heat starts or after it cools off)?

Coach Abi said...

I don't mind the heat. I'd rather run in anything but cold!

Kelcee and I are doing spinning at the YMCA on Saturday Mornings at 9:30 a.m. Anyone who wants to join us? This Saturday is our first day there. We've seen a lot of the classes at the YMCA now. There are some good ones!!!

I have been doing cardio 5 days a week. Some days with the girls at the YMCA and some days out on my own running. I will have to seriously talk myself into a half marathon. I'll check back in on that one!

Amber/Jazzy said...

Oh my goodness running in the heat is horrible. I feel like I need to drink a gallon of water.

Got some new running shoes though, Nike...I thought they were pretty!

1/2 marathon it is still in the back of my mind....way back. LOL, but I am willing to do it so Vickie isn't out there alone. How do I get myself into these things.

Vickie said...

Thanks Amber!

Just remember it's a 2 person relay so only about 6.5 miles!

I broke down and now have a personal trainer. I am going to start with him after vacation in July.

The plan is to work with him 2 days a week. Do a bootcamp class once a week and run 2-3 times a week. Yikes! It does seems like a lot but I am determined to lose some weight cause getting old and fat really sucks!

Vickie said...

The Bullrun downtown looks like a good 5k for the Panthers. It supports several great charities!

MPA Coaches said...

Abs ran 3 miles on tuesday - for nicole. I ran 3 on monday to show my support for nicole. Need to run 4 more on wed! Ya! Its hot...cheese and crackers.

And abi will be in kentucky on sat so she won't be at the ymca but we'll do our workouts at the conference!

That's great about the personal trainer vickie. Good for you!

Unknown said...

I will run the Spirit of Columbus half marathon. I think it would be fun and it will get me ready for the Columbus Marathon! I will definitely see you guys there.

It's extremely hard to run in this heat, I dont like it at all.

Yeah, thats so exciting that everyone is running! I wish I would stop getting hurt. It really puts a damper on things!! But I am extremely excited and ready to do this!

Bob said...

When you run in this weather you should be drinking water and/or gatorade during your run. I usually bring 2-3 ounces of fluid per mile when I plan on running for more than 45 min - 1 hour. All of the running stores have "Fuel Belts" - it's a good way to bring water / gatorade with you. Don't make the mistake I made at my first 1/2 marathon - I was afraid to drink anything because I thought I would throw up. By mile 10 or 11 I thought my head was going to catch on fire so at the last water station I poured water on my head. Anyhow, you should drink 2-3 ounces about every 10 minutes (I alternate between water and gatorade) and you can get used to drinking but not slowing down or stopping to walk. If you feel thirsty, it means you are already de-hydrated, so drink during your workout so you never get thirsty (plus it accelerates your recovery).

Amber/Jazzy said...

6.5 miles, boy that is long.

I definitely need one of those water belts.

I got up at 6a this morning to run, but then decided to go back to sleep. So sad, now it is blazing hot out.

Better luck tomorrow.