Thursday, October 30, 2008

MPA Gems has a new look!

Constance had burning legs during her cold run. I get that sometimes and then I scratch my legs because they itch. How is everyone else? Are you freaked out by the cold weather? Are you hitting the road, the treadmill, the couch? Do you need a kick in the pants?
Reminders:
  • run/walk at Antrim on Saturday at 10:30 a.m. 5800 Olentangy River Rd Columbus, OH 43085
  • Print your Tot for Trots form and bring check by Sunday. Give to Vickie or put in Kyle's folder at the gym. Link posted for the race (under link section)
  • Flying Feather is in Dublin on Thanksgiving. If you have a spouse or a friend that will work the race, you can race for free! If not, please volunteer to help with that race. Premier Races is a great company and they do so much to support the Panthers. This is an account fund raiser. Amber and Bob will both be there. I will be in Dayton
  • There are several great December races. Posted under link section
  • Bob posted great suggestions for running in the cold. It's easy to dehydrate in cooler temperatures. Drink plenty of water before and after you exercise.

"Training accumulates. It's like money in the bank. If you build up your endurance in Jan or Feb., that will help you later in the year." Abdi Abdirahman (US Olympian)

4 comments:

Amber/Jazzy said...

Whoa, I like the new look. We are so official.

I printed off extra forms for the Trot for tot race and put them in the Kyle folder in case anyone needs them.

I ran today when I got off of work and I decided not to stretch at the beginning. Well I found out that I need to stretch I can run longer when I do. My shins and calves were sore. Also my lower back hurt some. Why did my lower back hurt? Didn't like that feeling at all.

Jaz wanted to run with me today, but I made her sit in the stands and work on her homework while I ran. So I am considering bringing her on Sat., but not sure yet. She had to run a mile for gym so now she wants to run to.

Vickie said...

I think Emily had mentioned that Antrim was an easy place to keep an eye on the kiddos. I MIGHT come Saturday but if I do I will have all 4 of the kiddos because 3 have taekwondo that morning. Kaitlyn will run with me without a problem, if not I think her and Jaz would run together. But I have never been there before so am trying to decide will I really get a benefit out of running or will I be constantly looking for kids. Is it easy to see what the kids are doing when i run or do I have to worry about them falling in the lake?

I would love feedback from anyone who has been there.

Debra said...

I'm not able to meet to run on Saturday. Mike and I have a meeting at 10 AM with one of our vendors. (We've been trying to coordinate for a week and a half now.)

If the weather is anything like today, it will be a beautiful day out there.

Haven't made it out to get weather gear yet, so I have primarily been hitting the treadmill. But days like today are gorgeous.

Em, you couldn't ask for better weather on your birthday.

Have a good run tommorrow everyone and I'll see you on Sunday.

(Katie . . . are you still with us? You've been very quiet out there.)

Vickie said...

Well I can't imagine trying to take 4 kids to Antrim to run so I ran this morning.

It was a beautiful morning and a great run. My route is 2 miles-I spent the first .25 at a fast walk and actually ran the next 1 mile-YEAH!!!! By the time I finished it my legs were burning so I walked the next .25 miles and ran the last 1/2 mile.

I am so happy with my progress and I hope I can do the entire 2K next weekend.

I hope everyone enjoys this beautiful weather and I will see all tomorrow.