Saturday, October 25, 2008

Yea for Prowlers!

Woo woo, so the first competition was super fun. The kids are safe and it was a great day.
  • We'll plan to see the Prowlers at the gym at 5:00 tom. We'll meet upstairs to stretch and chat. I'll bring some cold weather gear so y'all can check it out. Bob might come tom too (if so, please bring some gear so we can show the Prowlers some clothing options).
  • Vickie is collecting forms for our Trot for Tots run. Might as well bring it tom so you can't talk yourself out of doing the event!
  • Please let me know if you would like to run at Antrim next Saturday, November 1. I’m available between 10:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. What time is good for you? The lake at Antrim is 1.2 miles. Amber is available during that time. We'll set the meeting time based on the group consensus.
  • Kenn and Buzzy want to join the running club...maybe they (and any other Panthers) can join us on Saturdays but we're reserve Sundays for Parents only (hey, you need time without the Panthers!)

2 comments:

Amber/Jazzy said...

Boy competition wore me out. I feel asleep at 9:40p, but I love to watch the girls compete and see how the progress throughout the season.
So I am so happy that the rain moved out of the way so we can get ready for our walk run this evening. Can't wait to see the clothing options I want to get mine this week. Nov. 9 is only 2 weekends from now. Yikes, boy does time fly.
I think it would be great to have the girls run with us on Saturdays.

See you all soon.
Amber

Stuart said...

Hey Prowlers -

I was reading through some of the comments to get caught up. I saw some questions about running this time of year. I know some days it may seem a bit daunting to lace up the running shoes when the temperatures start dropping, but I think this is a great time of year to get in some miles. Why? (1) To offset holiday stress. Folks will probably be pulled in multiple directions, so a little quiet time in the crisp air can do a world of good for your head. (2) To compensate for the holiday parties/cookies, especially those colored sugar cookies in the shape of candy canes and wreaths. Mmmm. (3)The trails/paths can be really quiet and peaceful this time of year, so its a great time to be out.

But running this time of year can take a bit more planning. I believe y'all were going to talk about clothing tonight? Good. There are lots of great options out there now. You can run and stay warm without having to get all bundled up like that kid in Christmas Story. Maybe keep in mind too how it gets dark so early this time of year - so dress in white or other light colors if running outside after dark. Also, lots of running clothes come with reflective strips and such - these do work and are worth it if you'll be running much outside.

Keep up the good work! I think its great that y'all have decided to pursue your respective running goals. I look forward to following your progress.