Monday, October 6, 2008

Week 1 - Day 2

Hi there! How are you doing on day 2? Did you eat 3 Snicker bars because you ran yesterday? I ate a funnel cake. Ugh, I had a horrible tummy ache. Boo hisss...back on the training plan darn it.

If you're like me, you might want to know how far/long you need to run in order to burn off that yummy treat that you gobbled down and regretted later. Check out this calorie calculator. http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc

Geesh, I realized a few years ago that I had to run about 3 miles to burn off every Krispy Kreme that I ate on vacation. Needless to say, I cut back on my pastries that year.

So keep at it Prowlin' Parents. One day at a time. It's a very special gift that you're doing for yourself and for your daughter. Isn't that we're always trying to do? Trying to do as much as we can for our children.

Buzzy be off to college in a few years and I won't have the opportunity to share the day with her. I try to find common interests with her so I can be part of her life. My Buzzy loves to run - so even if I'm not in the mood, if Buzzy wants to run, I'll find my shoes. I'll take as much time as I can get.

Maybe you can go for a nice walk/jog with your daughter. It's a great way to nose into their business. They have nothing to do other than look at trees, sidewalks and sky. Or they can talk to you. After about 10 minutes, Buzzy starts telling me everything.

Test it out. It works. Lace up the shoes and hit the pavement. We have two more runs to do before Sunday. Keep us posted so we know how everyone is doing or if you need inspiration!

"There are clubs you can't belong to, neighborhoods you can't live in, schools you can't get into, but the roads are always open." ~ Nike

5 comments:

Vickie said...

OK experienced runners in the following link:
http://www.runnersworld.com/images/cma/beginner5k_table.jpg

What does Walk/XT 30 min mean? I am referring to "XT".

Elaine said...

XT means Cross-train, like on an elliptical machine.

Pardon my jumping in! I couldn't make your walk last Sunday, but I will plan on making it this Sunday. I'll be coming from Cleveland, so I will try and coordinate my arrival.

Is Em the one blogging? Wow. First she gets on Facebook and now she's blogging! Our little Em is growing up!

Coach Abi said...

I am so proud of everyone for getting out there and running. It really does get easier and you'll be so impressed with how quickly you can improve.

There is a commercial out there (I think it's Nike) that says that Running isn't afriad to ask how committed you are to it every day. I think about that everytime I think that I would rather sit and watch TV instead of run. Stick with it!

Debra said...

Check out all the new voices on the blog. We're like an official running group. I love it.

Day 2 - I actually got back out there and trained for the 2nd time, but who's counting. ha ha! I kept telling myself that it was going to make this Sunday easier so I'm taking you "pros" at your word.

Hi Elaine. I'm glad you'll be joining us on Sunday's. The more the merrier!

How's everyone else doing this week? Sticking with it?

Vickie said...

Well last night, Day 2, I went to the park and made 4 laps around (I have no idea of the distance). This was quite a feat with 3 of my kids and the dog. But, at least I kept moving.

Today, I dodged the raindrops (for the most part) and ran/walked 2 miles.

I agree this does seem like an official group and I just love it also.

Anyone have any thoughts on any Thanksgiving days races? My daughter, Kaitlyn, has expressed an interest in running with me, now that's great!!!