Thursday, October 9, 2008

Week 1 - day 5

So the weekend is generally when I fart around. I've already made plans with Stu so that I'll go for a run after work tomorrow. If I don't make plans, I won't do it. I'll eat ice cream instead. This way, I'll still eat the ice cream but I will have completed my run first!

Sometimes, it's best to make plans ahead of time so that you'll follow through with your weekend training. How do you keep yourself on track over the weekend?


Speaking of Weekend stuff:
  • Buzzy is running the last cross country meet on Saturday a.m. at the Westerville Rec Center. It's on Cleveland Ave just south of Polaris. Not certain of time. Abs, it's about 5 minutes from your place.

  • Kenn is performing in a musical at Coffman at 7:00 on Saturday. Buzz and I will be there if anyone wants to join.

  • I think LBug and Kali are working the OSU game that evening.

  • Any other kid updates?

Anyone planning to do a Halloween race? http://ultrafit-usa.com/FrightNite.html Dublin has trick or treat on Thursday so y'all could do this Halloween 5k (run/walk if you're not ready to run it straight). Columbus has trick or treat on the 31st from 6-8:00 so I'll be at home that night.

Thanks for the link for the calendar. I'm going to check it out!
Don't forget about Sunday - rain or shine. 5:00. Midwest. Roar!

5 comments:

Amber/Jazzy said...

Hello all, Emily I see where you wondered if I had been kidnapped, no I am right here.

Anyways, I did my 30 min. walk/run today. Left work an hour early so that I could get it done before picking up the kiddies. When I first started off my knees were kind of sore. They are bad anyways so it is to be expected and caring extra weight around on them doesn't help. After running for a while the knees seemed to loosen up and all was well.

I have been wanting to get into running for a while now. Runners are just so tone and I love that look. I am really going to try to keep this up the hardest part is finding time to get the run in. I am actually thinking about taking my clothes and shoes with me to work. We have a 1 mile trail that I could tackle after work and then I would be finished before going home. I tend to find that when I get home it is hard to get motivated to go back out to exercise when there seems to be so many other things that need done. I have found that since being in school exercising is helping to keep my mind clear and relieves some of the stress.

I am still working on my breathing while running outside. I feel like I am having to focus really hard on that. When I listen to my breathing I sound like a panting dog and trying to breathe in through my nose and out through my mouth is making me tired. Sometime I find that I am holding my breathe. So if you see me laying on the ground on Sun. it is because I passed out from lack of oxygen!!!

Till next time,
Amber

Vickie said...

Hello to all.

Great that you made it out tonight Amber. Me, I have been really good until tonight. Went out to dinner with my Mom and she wanted an all you can eat place. Well I really did try to maintain myself. I ate loads from the salad bar first. I truly did not get "all you can eat". This is probably a first for me.

Nicole's mom, Julie (isn't it crazy how we all know each other by our daughters names before our own) is running the FlyingFeather 4- Miler (or something like that) it is at Glacier Ridge on Thanksgiving. I am thinking I may run/walk it. Kaitlyn has joined me on two of my runs and she really wants to do the race with me. I know that they have a kids race before the 4-miler and I may just have her do that one (not that she would slow me down in the 4-miler. .I am sure she will keep me going).

I went to the website fitday and I must say it is awesome. I love charts and graphs and this is absolutely wonderful. Thanks for the tip.

See everyone on Sunday.

Amber/Jazzy said...

I am going to attempt to run tomorrow morning. Now this does depend on how much of this stinking paper I have written, but if you see me walking a little slower you will know that I was successful. My plan is to go to bed at 11:30p and get up at 5:30a. Work on my paper until 7a and then go running from 7-7:30a. I want to be back before Jordan wakes up.

Wish me luck,
Amber

Katie R. said...

So I just finished my 1.25 mile run around the neighborhood without stopping. It's a beautiful day and that made it a lot of fun!! I am worried about 1.5 though.....

I found a website that lists songs by their tempo. So I run about 51 or 52 beats per minute (bpm) - yes I know this is slow...I found several songs at that pace and then downloaded them from itunes. Now I know how many songs gets me to a mile and I can run the right distance anywhere!! And the music keeps me motivated to keep running at a consistent pace.

The website it www.jogtunes.com.

See you all tomorrow!!

Amber/Jazzy said...

Wow Katie, that is great. Way to keep moving.

I will have to check out that website.

Amber